|Managed by -Cyclops-|
|Arena||Open Eye Stadium|
|Fan Club||Haarlem Visionairs|
On 8 November 2002 President Cyclops (then still called RonaldN) took a life-changing decision in taking over bankrupt team AZ Eindhoven. He renamed the club after himself and moved it to his hometown city of Haarlem in the Dutch region Noord-Holland where he had already started to build a small venue for the club's home matches: Cyclops United Arena (which soon was renamed into Open Eye Stadium).
Two days later Cyclops United played their first ever competition match. At home, in front of 6997 enthusiastic fans, Paap Domineert were held to a 2-2 draw. Coach Jordy Weijers fielded the following eleven players in a 4-4-2 formation:
|goal||Ronald Pronk (captain)|
|defense||Ronald Ritzen||Willem Kamphuis||Joop Jehee||Ben Dijkslag|
|midfield||Nu'aim al-Nisaburi||Merlijn Nedelkovski||Bobbie Gillebaard||Olav Nouel|
|attack||Mitchell Ernes||Lukas Baas|
Goals: Lukas Baas (48') and Mitchell Ernes (62'). Cyclops United's man of the match: Nu'aim al-Nisaburi.
The first seasons: a slow start
Cyclops United's first match was in round twelve of Dutch season 6. And with two draws and one loss the club finished as fifth in division V.424. But because there was no sixth division level in the Netherlands yet, the team didn't have to play a qualification match. The following seasons President Cyclops didn't do a lot with his team: no friendly matches were played and and no main skill training was received by his players, who therefore only grew older and got a bit more experienced. No wonder the club relegated to VI.401 in season 7 and didn't play any role for the championship there.
The first championships
Not until the middle of season 9 (August 2003) did President Cyclops decide to give more of his valuable time to his club. And it immediately paid off: under the inspiring guidance of player/coach Nu'aim al-Nisaburi all competition matches from week seven on were won, which resulted in Cyclops United winning their first ever title and medal! But still the season was not over. To achieve promotion to V, Cyclops United had to play a qualification match against FC MijnTeam, who had an extremely good goal keeper. But despite that, the Haarlem club scored two goals to make it 2-2 in regular and extra time, so penalties had to decide. Unfortunately, only two CU-players managed to score and promotion had to be postponed.
The next season (10), Cyclops United completely dominated their league, winning the title without any defeats (although they had to come back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 in their last match) and securing direct promotion to division V!
A higher level
In their first season in V.114, Cyclops United missed the championship by just eleven minutes. Before round 13 the Haarlem team were third, one point behind joint leaders Hollander and FC PAJICMANIA, who had to play eachother that week. The match ended in a draw and CU went into the last round with a comfortable two point lead and a home match against FC Saza. Saza soon lost a player due to injury and CU scored the 1-0 in the 54th minute. And when the visitors lost a midfielder with a red card in the 77th minute, it looked like all festivities could get started. But Mats Engin works in mysterious ways: two minutes later, FC Saza scored the equaliser and Cyclops United had to settle for third place. The biggest disappointment in the clubs history so far.
- Main article: Cyclops United/Results
|29||VII.123||3rd (*2)||-||1st round|
Dutch seasons. For global seasons add 11.
(*1) Manager -Cyclops- took over Cyclops United near the end of season 6. By then the team was already eliminated from the Dutch cup in which it had reached the second round.
(*2) Cyclops United finished third in the league but were promoted due to 'debotification'.
- Koert Bruijn . Cyclops United's first goalie. Was promoted from CU's youth academy at his 17th birthday and has since then played in almost every match.
- Mats Engin . Legendary, but very controversial reserve goalkeeper, who has been accused of match-fixing and influencing matches all over the world. Plays with shirt no. 13.
- Raemon van Lingen . Current coach of Cyclops United (since 10-06-2012). Played 153 competitive matches for CU, in wich he was the team's captain 109 times. Became division top scorer in seasons 29 and 31.
- Preston Ashurst . Striker who received the highest number of stars (old system) in a match for Cyclops United: 9,5 stars in a cup match on 13-09-2006 against adamsfamily (95131714, technical/sunny).
- Julian Meesters . Player with the highest TSI in the history of Cyclops United: 229k.
- Herman van der Leek . Best player to come out of CU's youth academy. Was promoted to the first team on 31 August 2013 with a TSI of 3340 and the following skills: DF: 6.1, PM: 6.6, WI: 8.0, PA: 6.5 (no spec.). Three days later he was sold to Fortuna'54 for 2,550,000€.
- Nu'aim al-Nisaburi (wie kent hem niet?). Legendary player-coach, who was Cyclops United's first ever man of the match. Was replaced as a coach weeks before the introduction of the Hall of Fame. In his honor the club retired his no. 10 shirt. Unfortunately, after a few spells as a coach around the world, he was deleted from the HT-database.
Hall of Fame
- Michał Żukowski (since 27-07-2007). Former player and coach. Nowadays a very successful football agent.
- Mitchell Ernes (since 24-03-2008). Member of the first line-up ever of Cyclops United and scorer of the second goal of the club ever. Nowadays an actor in a very successful children's television series.
- Merlijn Nedelkovski (since 01-03-2009). Another member of that first line-up. Bought back in January 2008 and introduced into the Hall of Fame on his 40th birthday in 2009. After his football career he became a youth coach with Cyclops United, but was appointed as the new club secretary on 6 June 2011.
- Raffaele Gervasutti (since 08-08-2010). Longest serving coach (almost eleven seasons) in the history of the club. Reached round nine of the Dutch Cup in his first year. A conflict between him and the players resulted in him being released by President Cyclops at the end of season 31.
- Mats Engin (since 23-11-2011). Not the legendary/controversial ruler of HT, but his namesake, who really hadn't much to offer to the team except for his name. Now the Head Equipment Manager for Cyclops United.
- Eduard Uvarov (since 04-05-2012). Last foreign player to play for Cyclops United on a regular base. He played 86 competitive matches for the club (155 in total) and is now working as a PR-manager for Cyclops United's shirt sponsor Purl.
- Constant Bootsma (since 19-12-2012). Defender who played 271 matches for Cyclops United despite his limited talents. Product of Cyclops United's youth academy and nowadays working for that same academy!
|08-11-2002 - 04-09-2003||Jordy Weijers|
|04-09-2003 - 26-04-2004||Frank van Noort|
|26-04-2004 - 20-06-2004||Piotr Dziuba (interim)||unknown|
|20-06-2004 - 20-12-2005||Nu'aim al-Nisaburi|
|20-12-2005 - 27-07-2007||Michał Żukowski|
|27-07-2007 - 08-08-2010||Raffaele Gervasutti|
|08-08-2010 - 10-06-2012||Francisco Antonio Artigas|
|10-06-2012 - 30-11-2014||Raemon van Lingen|
|30-11-2014 - present||Khatib Askari|
|28 - 30|
- Main article: Cyclops United/Records
|Highest rating||308||05-02-2012||S36R14||BV1- Cyclops United||2-1||comp|
|Lowest rating||50||10-11-2002||S06R12||Cyclops United - Paap domineert||2-2||comp.|
|Highest number of stars||64.0||03-06-2007||S21R10||2xgeelisrood- Cyclops United||3-1||comp.|
|Lowest number of stars||13.0||10-11-2002||S06R12||Cyclops United - Paap domineert||2-2||comp.|
|Highest number of stars||9.5||13-09-2006||S19R05||Preston Ashurst||6-2||cup|
|Highest number of goals||5||01-12-2010||S33R01||Aard Hesp||0-7||cup|
|Fastest hattrick||7 mins||07-08-2011||S35R04||Co Nieuwenhuizen||3-4||comp.|
|Most goals in competition||18||Raemon van Lingen||29|
Cyclops United is currently supported by the following managers/teams:
|3||mschr||FC Van Wanrooy Vooruit||27-06-2004|
|4||Mokum||Amsterdam United FC||14-10-2004|
|14||Jomani||the Wizards FC 2.0||01-09-2010|
|19||Troeter||FC de Troeters||15-07-2012|
|24||jove73||Jupiter's Paradiso FC||02-02-2013|
|26||Jupiler11||Kung Pao Buckaroos||20-03-2013|
|28||dynamosmurfen||Real Dynamo Smurfen F.C.||09-04-2013|
|29||Petrovitsj||FC De Lobben||21-04-2013|