Answering a request for HT Wiki administrators in a thread on Global, HT-Tjecken asked for a list of dedicated users of which some could possibly be made administrators. Since I wouldn't dare to collect a list of names all by myself, I hereby want to start a list of users you think could be suitable for the job. Please add the names of regular editors and if you spot yourself in the list, please indicated whether you are ready to volunteer for the job or not.
The thread-id on Global is 7019712.1
--ukelele 12:38, 29 September 2006 (UTC)
List is in alphabethic order.
- User:Boucoudabou Not available. Very busy right now, and I haven't edited any HTWiki page for months.
- User:Carlesmu (not available, I'm not on the wiki frequently. --carlesmu 17:46, 1 October 2006 (UTC))
- User:Catalyst - Thanks for the nomination. Here's what I'll say... I've spent about 2 1/2 years in HT and I've been quite active, so interest in HT is not a problem. I think Wikis are great, and I do have a lot of experience with Wiki editing (On Wikipedia, here, and on another wiki dedicated to HomestarRunner.com). I've never been an administrator for a Wiki before, but I do have experience with moderating in another MMO named War of Conquest, in which I was a chat moderator. I believe that administrators are crucial to the advancement of this wiki, which is why I'm incredibly happy to see the idea finally brought to the attention of the HTs in some concrete form. I've worked in the past a great deal with this wiki, and I think it has great potential but lacks the structure needed to advance its development. As a result, my main goal as administrator, if I am given the privilege, would be to assist in developing the structure needed to help this wiki grow. Without getting too long-winded, I just have to say I'm very ready for this job. Achievements pertinent to this job include:
- writing the HT Wiki Getting started page, a basic guide to wiki editing
- Assisting a great deal in the expansion of the English Hattrick Article on the Wikipedia (50+ edits of this article alone...my username on the wiki is DMurphy if you wish to view my edits) and creating the ExtraLives AB Article
- Archiving the entire World Cup V
- Helping a great deal with USA-related articles, including interaction with the USA community in Hattrick to obtain data (such as election results)
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, whether here on the wiki or via HT-mail (My HT username is the same as my wiki name). --Catalyst 23:08:43, 2006-10-02 (UTC)
- User:Cryout - I am totally ready for the job - I have 5 years of experience in Hattrick and some 3 years with Wikipedia. Unfortunately I have been dissatisfied with how few people even know about the site. That's why I have been visiting the Wiki only occasionally in the last few months. I would be very happy to take the responsibility if only the Hattrick staff does what it takes to popularize our work within www.hattrick.org. --Cryout 20:13, 2 October 2006 (UTC)
- User:Jhattara I'm ready for the job. Although my time at the moment is limited I can redirect some of it here. --Jhattara 17:01, 30 September 2006 (UTC)
- User:Mod-Hakerpaps (Not sure about time I can devote to this project. But I do not say no. --Mod-Hakerpaps 19:08, 2 October 2006 (UTC))
- User:Oligarf (not available, I'm not on the wiki frequently enough to fulfill such a job. --Oligarf 16:05, 30 September 2006 (UTC))
- User:Soccerfury (Thanks for the nod. I am very willing to help out this wiki in any way that I can and dedicating as much free time is necessary to helping it become stronger. --Soccerfury 14:50, October 3, 2006 (UTC))
- User:Ukelele (not available)