The Hattrick Masters is an international cup very similar to the national cup in that it is a single elimination format. Teams from every Hattrick nation are represented - both the Cup champion and the top league champion from the previous season play in the bracket. The HM occurs between rounds 7 and 8 of the national cup, and as a result the national cup takes a one-week break during this time.
We are pleased to announce a much debated and wanted feature, the Hattrick Masters. It is a new international competition for the best teams in Hattrick. The new competition will affect most teams in some way, so make sure you are up to speed on the changes.
An international competition has been debated for years in the forums. It has been suggested multiple times in different polls and enquiries, but we have never before been able to both find a nice format and the time to implement it. But now the time has come for the Hattrick Masters.
First the issues that will affect most teams in Hattrick: In order to squeeze the Hattrick Masters into the schedule, the regular national cup will take a break at the halfway point of the season, so match round eight in the cup will be played one week later. This means that the national cups will end one week later than usual. All teams, even those still in the national cup and those participating in Hattrick Masters, will be able to play friendly matches that week.
The Hattrick Masters is only for winners. From each league, only the winner of the top division and the cup winner will participate. If a team has managed to win the double, only one team will participate from that league. Up to 256 teams will currently fit the schedule, but that can be changed if more teams become eligible for the competition in the future. Teams participating in the Hattrick Masters will also participate in the national cup. The Hattrick Masters is an add-on, not a replacement for the national cup.
During the Hattrick Masters week, matches will be played intensively. Starting Monday morning at 08:00 HT time, subsequent rounds will be played every 12 hours. With 256 teams, eight rounds will be played, with the final on Thursday at 20:00. So for managers aiming to become the best, some real life sacrifices may be needed.
Economically, we want to reward the winner of the Hattrick Masters and in the same time we don't want the winner to gain too big an advantage over the teams in the league. The prize money is therefore the same as in the national cup. This, coupled with the spectator income, will be a nice reward for the teams in the end rounds.
I will not go into all the details about the Hattrick Masters here. You can read about all related rules in the Hattrick Masters page.
Eight weeks into the new season we will see who is the best manager in Hattrick. I can hardly wait. Can you?
From the Hattrick Masters rules page:
There are some special rules that apply to the Hattrick Masters.
- The Hattrick Masters is played in one intensive week during the halfway point of the season, between week 7 and 8. This week, the ordinary national cup takes a break for one week. All teams, including the ones participating in the HM, may play friendly matches during this week instead.
- The HM matches are scheduled at 08:00 and 20:00 each day until the cup is finished. This means that managers going for gold will have to be very active that week. The first round is played Monday at 08:00 and the final is played Thursday at 20:00.
- A maximum of 256 teams can participate in the HM. If there are not enough teams to fill up the first round completely, some lucky teams (selected randomly) will skip the first round and join the action in the second round.
- The Hattrick Masters is played as a straight cup with 8 rounds. The draw for each round is completely randomized. The home team and the away team split the income 50%-50%. The semifinals and the final are played on neutral grounds.
- Injuries and cards work exactly as they do for National Team matches. That means that injuries are recorded as normal, but cards do not matter (except red cards in the game, of course).
- Since the rounds are played very close to each other, the after-match effects of "Match of the Season" (MOTS) and "Play it Cool" (PIC) have been slightly tweaked for the HM. Playing MOTS/PIC will lower/higher your team spirit, but not as much as after a regular match. The effect during the match is the same as during other types of matches.
- Players receive experience for playing in Hattrick Masters matches. Less experience than World Cup matches, but more than national cup matches.
- Hattrick Masters games do not count towards a player's training.
- Prize money is of course awarded to the best teams. The sums are exactly the same as for the national cups and are awarded to the eighthfinalists and upwards.
- Hattrick Masters I (Season 28)
- Hattrick Masters II (Season 29)
- Hattrick Masters III (Season 30)
- Hattrick Masters IV (Season 31)
- Hattrick Masters V (Season 32)
- Hattrick Masters VI (Season 33)
- Hattrick Masters VII (Season 34)
- Winner of Hattrick Masters I: FC Barentin Template:Flag/FRA
- Winner of Hattrick Masters II: The Insane Template:Flag/EST
- Winner of Hattrick Masters III: Alberto Garcia Template:Flag/GUA
- Winner of Hattrick Masters IV: Hapoel Nahariya Template:Flag/ISR
- Winner of Hattrick Masters V: AC Ziky team Template:Flag/CZE
- Winner of Hattrick Masters VI: beltxis Template:Flag/VEN
- Winner of Hattrick Masters VII: Romasz Template:Flag/POL
Hattrick Master Golden Boot
- Top Scorer of Hattrick Masters I: Eriks Babicevs (7940804) from Fehervar FC (11 Goals)
- Top Scorer of Hattrick Masters II: Daniel Fjällsten (10794804) from I L.S.F. (8 Goals)
- Top Scorer of Hattrick Masters III: Joshua Duilach (3786297) from Alberto Garcia (10 Goals) (Retired Player)
- Winner of Hattrick Masters Golden Boot IV: Larry Ericsson (21759656) from Hapoel Nahariya (11 Goals)
- Winner of Hattrick Masters Golden Boot V: Jaime Jennings (1392859) from AC Ziky team (10 Goals)
Hattrick Masters I
- First goal: Cheung Yak (23451013) from Ipoh United (on 1st minute in Round 1 match against Trash United)
- First hattrick: Aapo Latt (24800349) from keis (20 minutes in Round 1 match against Nairi)
- First goal on Extra Time: Samuel Vieira (7781302) from C.F."Os Belenenses" (on 93rd minute in Round 1 match against Oriole United)
- Most goals in a single match: Aapo Latt (24800349) from keis (6 goals in Round 1 match against Nairi)
more statistics coming soon