Wikis are easy to edit, giving the user a wide array of options without having to learn any programming or markup languages.
- Use the Wiki Sandbox to try out your editing skills
- Detailed help for Editors can be found on the Wikimedia site: Wikimedia for Editors
The best example is to click EDIT at the top of any page to see the source of the content to see how things are done.
Some basic examples to get you going (click EDIT to see the source of how this is done):
- To create a list (like this one) just start every line with an asterisk: *
- To create a numbered list, start each line with a hash: #
- Italic text is created by enclosing your text with two apostrophes
- Bold text is created by enclosing your text with three apostrophes
- To create a link to something inside the Wiki, just enclose the page name in 2 sets of square brackets: My_Hattrick
- To create a link to something outside the Wiki, enclose the URL 1 set of square brackets: Hattrick