|Currency||Australian dollar (AU$)|
100 AU$ = 50 US$
|Time zone||Hattrick Time +9|
|Oceania HT Country
||Asia, Africa and Oceania|
|Number of regions:||20|
|Current local season:||65|
|Number of teams:
|Level of series:||5|
|Top series name:||The Pacific Premier|
|National cups:||Oceanian Cup (main)|
|Oceania Emerald Cup (challenger)|
|Oceania Ruby Cup (challenger)|
|Oceania Sapphire Cup (challenger)|
|Oceania Consolation Cup (third tier)|
- An Australian league, created on May 2001 (global season 13), was rename from Australia to Oceania after the first season. The change was asked with a petition, started by local users that felt that Oceania better represented the region and that united it would be much stronger than as individual leagues.
- That petition was successful and Australia was renamed to Oceania from local season 3 onwards.
- As Hattrick grew, there have been numerous calls for the league to be split into its various member countries. There have even been referenda on the issue, none of them successful.
- Local season 3, "NT Oceania" was created ranking Australia.
- Oceania hosted U-20 World Cup II (global season 18). In that edition NT reached Round III.
- Oceania hosted World Cup XXVII (global season 67), but did not qualified for the event.
Book of Records
- Further information:
- Local season 5: player Arthur Harris gets sent off in the quarter-final match of the first U-20 World Cup, but he managed to get back on the field for the final match.
Will "bad boy" Arthur Harris aim for the legs or the ball this time? The answer is out there. Tonight. 8 PM HT-time.
- from "Get ready for the final official HT Announcement"
- Local season 13: coach Bayliss leaving halfway through his U-20 managerial term due to inactivity. Now a bayliss is referred to when a manager leaves halfway through his term.
- Local season 25: Hover_ wins the U20 election without posting an election speech.
- Local season 26: April Fool's Day prank promises to rename Oceania to Pacific Islands and create Australia and New Zealand.
- Local season 35: player Angry Kirk was immortalized by the HT staff.
- Season 37: Zambora passed away sometime in July 2012.
- User Zambora was a well known manager in the Oceania HT community.
- His presence within the Oceania community will be sorely missed.
The double means to win the league's top tier division and its main cup competition in the same season.
|Eager to Beaver||2||54,57|
|Burnt Out Koalas FC||1||10|
The history of Oceanian managers and the key events can be summed up by this brief excerpt from collinhack:
|From:||collinhack||(12014712.329) as reply to (12014712.328)|
|To: GM-DrKeps||16/10/2008 at 09:05|
In the beginning Collin Hack was pulled from form and void.
But Bayliss liked not what was wrought on the face of Oceania
And he turned a blind eye, until he was smote by the pitchfork of righteousness
And was left to wander in the wilderness for 40 weeks and 40 youth pulls
Never to take the name again.
And he argues with the pharisees and spake thus:
"Sommers has ruined his team and I shall prove that CA is verily a tactic that does not suckketh. And that my wife was driving the car."
But he killed the prodigal YP when the Fatted Sommers returned.
Collin Hack said "If you covet the adultery of your neighbour's wife, then shalt you implement a 10SP"
Talbourne sayeth "Why bother with all that malarkey. Stick to what we have."
Thus it was that Collin Hack supported the 4SP, Placebo the 10SP and Talbourne had a bob each way. And there was much confusion.
Before the Oceanites had survived the passover of Bayliss, there was much shonkery with purple mages and GM powers that man was not meant to know. But all knew that kitto's beard was the source of his strength, so when it was shaven off he lost in the first round of the cup and thus did hoodooguru slay collinhack and xbrookieboy to win the Oceanian Cup. Although not even God knows how.
Placebo begat LA-Rob. LA-Rob begat HPotter. HPotter begat -anonymous-. -anonymous begat -troll-. Sunners begat just about everything, as did ladyboy.
And there was much rejoicing.
|Current Officers:||Former Officers:|
|Further information: Oceania Mentors|
After a number of seasons of discussions that led nowhere, an Oceanian mentoring scheme has been started for new users and based on Scotland's. The scheme has got off to a flying start and hopefully will make a positive impact on new players.
|Further information: List of Federations|
|Further information: Oceania National Champion|
, unofficial "king of the hill" tournament
- Oceanian End of Season Challenge
- NOM (New Oceania Managers) Cup, a friendly tournament set up to encourage new users in the lower divisions to participate within Hattrick and to give them something to go after if they didn't qualify for the Oceania Cup.
|Regions of Oceania|
ACT | American Samoa | Cook Islands | Fiji | New Caledonia | New South Wales | New Zealand North | New Zealand South | Northern Territory | Papua New Guinea | Queensland | Samoa | Solomon Islands | South Australia | Tahiti | Tasmania | Tonga | Vanuatu | Victoria | Western Australia
|Asia and Oceania|
|Near East Asia:||
Armenia (Hayastan) · Azerbaijan (Azərbaycan) · Bahrain (Bahrain) · Georgia (Sakartvelo) · Jordan (Al Urdun) · Iraq (Al Iraq) · Iran (Iran) · Israel (Israel) · Kuwait (Al Kuwayt) · Lebanon (Lubnan) · Oman (Oman) · Pakistan (Pakistan) · Palestine (Palestine) · Qatar (Dawlat Qatar) · Saudi Arabia (Saudi Arabia) · Syria (Suriyah) · United Arab Emirates (United Arab Emirates) · Yemen (Al Yaman)
|Middle East Asia:|
|Far East Asia:||
Brunei (Brunei) · Burma (Myanmar) · China (China) · Hong Kong (Hong Kong) · Indonesia (Indonesia) · Kampuchea (Prateh Kampuchea) · Japan (Nippon) · South Korea (Hanguk) · Malaysia (Malaysia) · Mongolia (Mongol Uls) · Philippines (Pilipinas) · Singapore (Singapore) · Taiwan (Chinese Taipei) · Thailand (Prathet Thai) · Vietnam (Việt Nam)
|Oceania:||(see also Asia, Africa and Oceania zone)|