|Managed by rfcfan12|
|Location||New York, USA|
|Arena||Burrows Square Park|
|Fan Club||The Blue Army|
Rochester United is a Hattrick club based in Rochester, New York that plays in USA V.61. They are owned by Timothy Burrows and managed by former Latvija player Sandis Dižpēteris. Their home ground is Burrows Square Park, a 62,400 seater. Daryl Leal is the current captain.
- Early Years:
- The history of Rochester United begins with many amateur teams in Rochester, New York. After many years of name changes Timothy Burrows purchased Dutch Ovens and rebranded them Epsilon Sigma FC. After their bid to be a pro team was accepted the club was slotted into one of the hardest VI's in America, VI.233. After years of futile performance and small crowds Burrows bought out folding Rochester team Stampede FC and merged them with Epsilon Sigma. The club was renamed Rochester United as a reminder of the two clubs coming together. Sandis Dižpēteris was hired as the coach and the team philosophy changed to having a strong defense and midfield and training young strikers. Since this change the club has had some success and glimpses of fame.
- Season 32:
- The start of the 32nd season of VI.233 began with Rochester drawing 2-2 with Minor Threats. A series of wins followed by a loss would be the tone of the season and as such Rochester was never able to pull away from the pack in the first half. A seven game winning streak at in the second half, including a history 4-2 win over Try This On For Size, set up a drama filled final day. Rochester and Minor Threats closed the season with a 0--0 draw in a spirited match. The match concluded with a Dejan Ivanišević sailing just over the crossbar. A goal would have given them the win and the league. Only captain Daryl Leal was able to consle the youngster. The draw handed Minor Threats the winners medal and coupled with a Try This On For Size win, Rochester finished third.
- Season 33:
- The 33rd edition of VI.233 saw Rochester United advance out of the first round of the U.S. Open Cup for the first time. The club also won the first five matches, another first. The club would go on to win all but three matches. The three would prove to be critical, a draw with derby rival nuyork1 and defeats to Minor Threats and Try This On For Size. The road loss to TTOFS was a 4-3 final three weeks before the seasons conclusion. Rochester would finish the season in second place with a 1 point difference in the table. Many fans would go on to rue missed chance against Minor Threats and the unthinkable draw at home against nuyork1. The club also progressed far into the New World Cup, a major trophy open to teams from the USA, Mexico, and Canada.
- Season 34:
- Rochester United's long wait to a league title was fullfiled on February 11th, 2008 as they defeated Boxwood FC 5-1 to win the VI.233 title. They edged out Minor Threats on goal differental to hoist the Champions Trophy. The scene at Burrows Square Park was magical as players celebrated with fans that had stormed on to the pitch. However the victory was not Rochester's first honor. On January 24th Rochester United won its first major honor winning the True Blue Cup against Red Stripe FC 4-2. Rochester fell behind 2-0 but scored 4 goals in the second half. In the 89th minute Daryl Leal handed the captain armband to Tracy Braden so the 33 year old would be the first to lift the cup in the celebrations. On February 18th Rochester defeated Halny Podczerwone to secure promotion to Level V of the American football pyramid.
- Season 35:
- Season 35 in HT started off with a bang for the club. The first couple weeks brought in some unexpected wins in the challanging V. However and early cup exit and poor results since have left the team currently in the playoff relegation zone. The only bright spot of the season so far was Rochester United capturing the fifth edition of the Wine Island Cup to make it their third total major honor. On May 5th, 2008 following a 2-1 loss to Arte et Labore, Sandis Dižpēteris announced he would not be asking the club for an extension ON his contract. Seventeen days after that annoucement the club lifted its fourth major trophy as they repeated as True Blue Cup champions. The team would finish 5th and win their qualifier to remain in V for the next season.
- Season 36:
- Through four league games into Sandis Dižpēteris last season Rochester is currently in 5th place with a 2-1-1 record. The team is aiming to repeat as Wine Island champions.
Burrows Square Park is the home ground of the team situated in Manhattan Park in downtown Rochester.
|Seats under roof:||7376|
|Seats in VIP boxes:||1360|
The fan club of Rochester United is The Blue Army. Along with its club crest having a cannon this alludes to Rochester's wartime past. It has also been used to describe a no surrender attitude. The fans are sometimes known as the Minutemen, which opposing clubs will use in the pejorative sense.
|28||VI.233 (27569)||6||14||6||1||7||19||-||45||-26||13||Remaining in VI.233|
|29||VI.233 (27569)||7||14||2||3||9||21||-||39||-18||9||Remaining in VI.233|
|30||VI.233 (27569)||5||14||8||0||6||30||-||22||+8||24||Remaining in VI.233|
|31||VI.233 (27569)||4||14||7||0||7||28||-||24||+4||21||Remaining in VI.233|
|32||VI.233 (27569)||3||14||10||2||2||41||-||11||+30||32||Remaining in VI.233|
|33||VI.233 (27569)||2||14||11||1||2||60||-||17||+43||34||Remaining in VI.233|
|35||V.61 (8434)||5||14||6||0||6||31||-||38||-7||18||Remaining in V.61|
|36||V.61 (8434)||5||14||5||4||5||33||-||28||+5||19||Relegated to VI.725|
Competitive matches only.
- Biggest Victory:
- 11-0 cup against Missouri Eagles, 28 February 2008
- Biggest Defeat:
- 7-1 cup against Cocktail Desperados, 29 March 2006.
- High Transfer Paid:
- Vilhelmi Lohi $2,600,000 USD, veijarin veto, 25 March 2008.
- High Transfer Recieved:
- Mike Darby, $1,750,000 USD, Wake Forest, 16 January 2008.
Members Of Honor
Major Club Honors
- USA VI.233 Champion Season 34.
- USA VI.725 Champion Season 37.
- True Blue Cup Champion Season 34, Season 35, Season 36.
- Wine-Island Cup Champion Season 35, Season 36, Season 37.