Set pieces training
With this training type all players playing match recieve training in the set pieces skill that week.Also, the Set pieces Taker and the Goal Keeper receives 25% bonus training. Regardless of age this training takes about 2.2 weeks for a player to raise a level. When you train Set Pieces, your Goalkeeper and your Set Pieces Taker will get a 25% bonus on training. To optimize training, you can set up the set pieces taker - in case your regular one is being substituted - using the Penalty Takers tab. If your SP Taker will be substituted, the second player from the Penalty Takers tab will do the job, not the substitute.
- Train up to 22 players
- Freedom of formation
- Hugely profitable (when done well)
- Great return on investment (the more you invest, the more you get)
- Training regardless of age
- Increase the wages of your players only a little
- Massive start-up costs to be done effectively
- Compared to "normal" training types, it requires more transfers and therefore more team spirit hits will occur
- There is only a finite number of Set Piece players needed, so this type can only support a limited number of trainers
Set pieces training was previously considered to be one of the most lucrative training types in the game. It is trained by only 1% of all hattrickers. Note that shooting also trains set pieces (as well as scoring), but at a much slower rate.