About Team Names
As in real life, in Hattrick's world each team has its own individual name. The name of the team is its prime distinguish sign of other teams in Hattrick, as it is much easier to remember a name of a team, such as AC Milan or Manchester United, than an ID number (e.g. 340592).
Common Prefixes and Suffixes of Teams Around the World
- Algeria - AS, Club of ..., CODM, SC, WYDAD
- Andorra - Athletico, Celta, Deportivo, FC, Racing, RCD
- Bahrain - AC, FC, United
- Belarus - Avtomobilist, Diana, Energiya, Kosmos, Kolomna, Lokomotiv, Metallurg, Monolit, Progress, Spartak, Torpedo, Trans, Zenit
- Belgium - AA, Excelsior, FC, KV, R., SC, SK, SV, Sporting, VV (or combinations such as K.A.A, KFC, KSK, KSV, KVSK, RSC ...)
- Brazil - CR, EC, SC, SE
- China - United, FC (mostly behind the team's name)
- Czech Republic - AC, Èeské, FC, FK, Poets, SK, Velvet Revolutionaries
- Denmark - BK, FK, IF , FC , GF
- England - FC, United, City, Town, Athletic, Rovers, Reserves
- Germany - FC, SC, SpVgg, TUS, SV (or combinations FSV, HSV, SSV, TSV)
- Israel - Maccabi, Beitar, Hapoel
- Italy - AC, Inter
- Japan - United, Otakus, Eagles, Bluefins
- Jordan - AC, FC, United
- Latvia - FK, Skonto, Ditton, Jurmala, Ventspils, Metalurgs, ASK
- Mexico - Real, CF, Club, Athletico, Deportivo
- Morocco - KAC de ..., Kawkab AC de ..., Olympique de ..., Raja, SC
- Norway - BK, FK, IF, IK, IL
- Poland - KS, MKS, GKS, CWKS, Pogon
- Romania - FCM, CSM
- Russia - FK, Zenit, Spartak, Lokomotiv, CSKA
- Spain - Real, Atletico, Deportivo
- Sweden - IFK, IF, IK, BK, IS, BOIS, FK, FF
- Switzerland - FC, SV, AS
- Netherlands - FC, SC, SV, VV, ... Vooruit, Sparta, Excelsior.
- USA - Apaches, Bears, Conquerors, Heroes, Huns, Indian, Kickers, Spartan, Stars, Wolves
- Vietnam - United, Club
Unique Team Names
In Hattrick's world, not all teams stick to a formula for names.
Special team names gives a unique flavour to Hattrick, and makes the game more enjoyable and personalised.
In the English speaking leagues, bad puns are always a favourite, as are names involving popular animals such as monkeys.
- England - Floss Untied (54600), Not Very United (59560)
- Germany - Name wurde an eine Großbrauerei verkauft (523076) ["Name was sold to a huge brewery"]
- Israel - Maccabi Schnitzel (340592); flotzim (153810) ["farts" in Hebrew]; f.c ha'kaka zaf (346999) ["The shit is floating" in hebrew] .
- Nederland - viermatrozenineenwinkelwagentjekomtzeldenvoor (213318) [foursailorsinashoppingtrolleyrarelyhappens in Dutch]; United United (21050); Voorruit Vooruit (209232) ["windscreen go ahead" in Dutch]; Superlekkere thee in rust (21098) ["very tasty tea at half time" in Dutch]
- Oceania - The Frying Pigs (37177)
- Peru - Once Vampiros Rojinegros (397177) (Eleven Red&Black Vampires); Shalala Billy (686858)
- Switzerland - FC Stelo Verda (1451864) (Using the language Esperanto of L. Zamenhof, meaning FC green star, which leads us to the flag of this idiom)
- USA - Can't Be Worse Than Liverpool (71615); Greedy Orphans Fighting and Biting (222208); Split Perssonality (8220)
Los Toros Córneos Grandes (it´s "The Big, Horny Bulls" in spanish)