You should use 'Show Preview' button instead of saving dozens of edits during a single session. --Jhattara 16:01, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
Sorry for inconvenience! Did you recieve my letter? --aakholop 16:56, 21 January 2007 (UTC)
hey, good luck on the russian version. i've been categorizing a lot of pages to make things a little easier to navigate and was wondering if you'd be able to categorize the russian translations with a russian wiki category of sorts. feel free to send me a message, cheers.
re: russian wiki categories
I've stopped adding the category tags, the reason i started was the /Ru/ directory doesn't (maybe it does, but I can't read it!) have all the pages listed on the page. of course the purpose of categories is essentially to form a logical grouping of documents, aka if a user wants to see all 'club' pages or all 'country' pages. ideally, there'd be a russian subdomain and then the categories could be in russian (aka russian for 'category:clubs' etc), but i wanted to make the most general category for the russian pages. i feel that every page on a wiki should be categorized and it seemed to be the most logical grouping, as opposed to grouping all the language versions of a page into the same english category.
Ru/Translated will work fine, so long as you mark every page in the Russian translation with it. The policy is still a work in progress, so don't necessarily take what's there now to be the final version. -Catalyst 18:03:32, 2007-03-15 (UTC)
- Even if the titles have the Ru/ prefix in their name, it's easier to have a category which contains all the pages when the time comes to move the pages to a new sub-wiki. Yes, we can look under the list of all articles and select the name of all articles with the Ru/ prefix, but it's easier to have the names in a category which can be used to index the articles. Not to mention it's a better method of finding articles if you're an editor looking to edit within the russian wiki. Also, if it's a template, we can change the template when we want to add new indicators to every page, if the policy is changed in the future. Sorry if I haven't been clear enough about it, but that's the way I see it. Let me know if I'm completely wrong here.
- Catalyst 01:58:29, 2007-03-19 (UTC)
Is auto-promotion in Russian Авто-повышение? If that is the case then the article Ru/Auto-promotion should be moved to Ru/Авто-повышение. Or to whatever that is in Russian.
Same also came to mind about the article Ru/Skill trading. Should it be moved under a Russian name? --Jhattara 09:42, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
- I'm categorizing those pages under their russian spelling. You should do the same for other articles in Russian wiki with English names. --Jhattara 10:04, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
- That would leave two different alphabetical lists for articles. First those with English names and then those with Russian names. I don't know what the Russian community would think about it, but I personally would prefer a single alphabetical list. --Jhattara 10:09, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
- The terms that are not translated in Hattrick shoudn't be translated in wiki either. --Jhattara 10:35, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
Impossible to get rid of the English terms but nothing preventing categorizing them under Russianised spelling. But that is for you, Oravetlan and others to decide. --Jhattara 12:09, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
- Stay tuned. I am sorting some things out here. Please PM me if you have more information to share. --Mod-Hakerpaps 20:27, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
I've checked my preferences, and my language is set to English. Maybe it's something weird happening with Firefox. --Mr Wednesday 17:44, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
I dunno, quite often by searching in the conference archive. I'm sure you won't get all anyway... --Mod-Karlthegreat 01:49, 14 November 2007 (UTC)
I suggest you to begin the translation of the countries beginning from A, because they're the most up to date. The rest of them need a lot of updates right now (starting from the Faroe Islands down to Vietnam). --Mod-Karlthegreat 20:48, 10 December 2007 (UTC)
- OK :) --Mod-Karlthegreat 12:53, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
Hi, Category:Ru/Заглушки didn't have its own category so I assigned it to Category:Russian Hattrick Wiki. I guess you know a better category for it (I can't even read Russian). --Mod-Karlthegreat 03:47, 30 December 2007 (UTC)
Hi, actually I'm editing their election history back, as they were included in Hattrick for World Cup II + U-20 World Cup I (see History). Although we don't know their former coaches all, it leaves us a better possibility to enter them later + we can already fill in the World Cup results. ;) --Mod-Karlthegreat 21:30, 7 May 2008 (UTC)