User talk:Shaggy machine
Hi! That site you link to everywhere, is it only in spanish? If so I am not so sure about having it linked to from every other page on the English hattrick Wiki? Maybe put those links on the Spanish pages instead? --EchoMan 11:46, April 1, 2009 (UTC)
- Well, I saw different external links to only one language into hattrick wiki (italian,turkish, french...). And why not mine?
- Today, there are various online traductors, that translate any web to other languages. Also, some links puts for me, contain data tables or charts that no need to translate.
- We are thinking whether to include more languages, according to the visits we receive. I only want to offer info about national teams, studies or tools that can be helpfully to others managers. That's all.
- Best regards, shaggy_machine
- First, I don't think that any link to a page not in english should be linked from an English wiki page, except maybe from pages such as Helper Applications. Second, online translators are useless most of the time. :) Ok, for very specific pages, but maybe show in the link that it is in Spanish? (or don't if it doesn't care what languages, as your charts). But I don't like linking to the main page of your site from Category:Newbie Tips and so on, since no newbie not fluent in Spanish would have an idea where to go next. (Also, you can use --~~~~ or the signature button above the edit box to put your signature and time on Talk: pages). Cheers! --EchoMan 15:13, April 1, 2009 (UTC)
- I hope the changes are to your liking. Add (only in Spanish) to all links. I understand everything you said, but remember that the Spanish-speaking community is one of the largest in Hattrick.
- I think the Spanish content should also be incorporated into this wiki, although it is mainly written in the "official language".
- Thanks for your help and advice. Greetings.--Shaggy machine 18:49, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
- I'm happy with the changes, yes. It's not all up to me though just a suggestion to try to keep the wiki somewhat understandable and clean to all users. In fact, the reason I suggested these changes is because thete is an Español part of the wiki, it's free for everyone to translate any page (or create new Spanish articles) and add it to the interwiki system. Cheers! --EchoMan 23:01, April 1, 2009 (UTC)