· English ·
The House Rules include all the rules a Hattrick user must follow, such as policies, statements about the role of the volunteer staff, especially GMs and Moderators, and last but not least also the Conference Rules.
Hattrick is completely free of charge. We only insist that you follow our very simple house rules. If you think that someone is breaking the rules, please notify the GameMasters.
The Hattrick team is always trying to improve the game. Functions may be added at any time, although larger changes are usually introduced between seasons. As Hattrick is a game with no actual ending point, it sometimes has to be adjusted by the developers. For example, to prevent certain types of teams from becoming invincible. In short, the developers supervise the game, sometimes having to exercise a certain amount of control. We try to achieve this as fairly and smoothly as possible, preferably giving notice of changes in good time, to help you adjust. However, sometimes changes just have to be made.
Generally, the servers are always open for business, with allowances for operational disturbances or upgrades. We always try to give due notice of service interruptions, but under extreme circumstances we might have to fix problems without the luxury of forewarning.
Sometimes unplanned events occur, such as bugs. If something that seems strange happens, contact the GMs about it and we'll have a look. When we're troubleshooting we try to make it as fair as possible, but for practical reasons a match can't be replayed. Unfair calls from referees, strange occurrences around the pitch ruining a game, and bad luck are, when all is said and done, a part of the game.
You can do a lot of things in Hattrick and with Hattrick, but to keep the game fun for everyone we need to have a set of rules on how to act. These rules are simple and pretty obvious, and apply to all areas of Hattrick. Anyone breaking these rules may be disqualified from Hattrick with immediate effect. Note that the GameMasters have absolute authority in deciding if somebody is breaking these rules.
It is strictly prohibited for you, as a Hattrick player, to engage in any of the activities described below.
- Sending threatening, insulting or derogatory messages, by HT-mail or other means, to other players or on Hattrick's forums. *Spamming users or forums, i.e. sending unsolicited messages like advertisements, friendly game offers and asking for supportership. It is also forbidden to act in a profane or otherwise abusive manner.
Attempting to steal or sabotage Hattrick Ltd. property, or encouraging others to do so. This property includes the servers, software and copyright-protected material.
- Scanning the site, or creating, using or distributing applications that automate parts of the game, unless these applications are authorized by the game developers. Also, you may not automatically include parts of the site at other sites or in other applications.
- Cheating in any way, such as trying to decipher the passwords of other players, or trying, in any other way, to unduly spoil the enjoyment of other players.
- Attempting to access information that is not linked on the site, or trying to post data in a similar fashion. You may only access information and navigate the site by using a browser or a CHPP-approved application.
- Making cheating accusations, advertising for real life goods (this includes referral links), promotion of criminal activities and/or drugs, publishing correspondence with HT officials and talking about specific GM or Mod decisions.
- Last but not least, you can only have one team. If you control multiple teams, you risk suspension from Hattrick. It won't help if one of your friends registered the team; if you are the one controlling it (giving the orders) you are considered to be the owner. Your team is considered private, which means you can't let friends or family log in to use your team, or give it away to another person. It's also prohibited to buy players from friends at obviously inflated prices, even though you're just trying to be a nice guy! If you have received a clearly inflated bid on your own player from someone, then contact the GMs immediately. To contact a GM, please visit our contact page.
For all situations not explicitly described in the rules, the HT officials (GM, Mod, CHPP) have discretionary authority to resolve the situation within the spirit of the rules. Also, any conversation with the Hattrick officials is strictly personal and may not be published or forwarded in any way.
Name and logo policy
Even if the logos we like the best are those with a real connection to the team in any way, we are rather open-minded about the content of the logos and the names you choose for your club. But in order to make sure gamers don't misuse this freedom to offend or discriminate anyone (deliberately or not) and in defence of voices from various females, parents and people from countries or religions with more stern values - some things are not ok to put in your logo or use as a name. Hattrick should be fun and safe to play by everyone, irrespective of their age, gender, origin, race or religion
- No offensive, insulting, derogatory or discriminating names/logos (to group or other), including racist, fascist and terror org. symbols and similar.
- No sexually explicit content, including nudity, semi-nudity or sexually provocative poses. People should be decently dressed.
- No promotion of criminal activities or use of illegal goods or substances.
The Hattrick forums, guestbooks, team pages and other areas of public view are no place for users to post commercial messages. The guiding principle is that as a Hattrick user, you should not have to be exposed to content that other users post for their own real-life benefit.
This does not mean that you can't mention a company name or product when the context calls for it. But if you abuse this rule, and try to push commercial messages for any reason, we may delete them, fine you, or even ban you from Hattrick. Discussion is OK, promotion is not. It is considered spam and a pollution of our common space.
In the non-Hattrick forums we generally allow threads about, for example, other sites and online games. We do this as a service to our users and only as long as this openness is not being exploited for commercial reasons. If other companies start treating Hattrick as a free marketing channel, or if promotional links and affiliate links are being posted in our forums, we may blacklist these products and the users who have posted them. Regrettably, we have already had our share of commercial spam in Hattrick and we don't want to see it again.
Hattrick itself does not use forums or game messages for purposes of selling or marketing. But we do use them from time to time for information that regards partners of the game. We try to limit our forum activity to pure game related stuff, but of course we have to be able to communicate to our users also about other things, even commercial topics, if needed.
In Hattrick there are a number of GameMasters, or GMs. These are a small group of especially skilled and responsible players who have been appointed to make sure the game works, prevent cheating and help players having various problems with their teams. The GameMasters make themselves available because they enjoy helping and they don't get paid for their work.
Sometimes the GameMasters will have to act, disqualifying people who cheat or break the rules of conduct for the site. If this happens to you and you believe that you have been unjustly punished, you have the right to try to explain why you think you're not guilty. But, and this is important, in Hattrick the same rules apply as on the football pitch.
You may inquire as to why you have been suspended, but it's not the GameMasters' duty to account for all their evidence. If they always revealed how they caught cheaters, discovering cheating would be much harder in the future. The GameMasters are not obliged to prove possible cheating. However, it's the GameMasters' obligation to suspend any users they're convinced are cheating.
The GameMasters have the authority to issue several different forms of punishment, from in-game fines to your club to complete suspension from the game.
The Gamemasters' decisions can be appealed to the Senior Gamemasters, whose decisions can't be contested. Please be aware that punishments that are under appeal can be increased or decreased once a final decision has been made.
We on the Hattrick team support our officials. The GMs discuss the principles of preventing cheating with us on a regular basis, but we never involve ourselves in specific cases. The persons appointed as officials are people we have whole-hearted confidence in.
To contact a Gamemaster, please visit our contact page. Please do not use the internal HT-Mail system to contact officials for in-game matters. The internal mail is for them as managers of their clubs, not their role as officials. Additionally, all correspondence between the officials and users is considered private and should be treated as such between yourself and the officials.
Forum rules and moderators
We are very proud of our community, and especially the forum spirit and activity. In the Hattrick forums there are a number of appointed moderators (or Mods) who is there to help users in need, but also to make sure our forums are enjoyable to visit. When visiting the forums the general rules of behaviour apply as always, but some forum rules also apply to keep the friendly spirit in the forums. Some forums have additional specific rules, and these can always be found in the sticky topic in the relevant forum. The Moderators have the authority to issue several different forms of punishment, from in-game fines on your club to forum bans.
Gamemasters also have moderation rights, and can deal with severe violations (which can cause complete suspension from the game). Please remember that having Supporter doesn't prevent you from forum bans, and Supporter features will not be refunded in case of such.
The Moderators' decisions can be appealed to the Senior Moderators, whose decisions can't be contested. Please be aware that punishments that are under appeal can be increased or decreased once a final decision has been made.
In the forum areas of Hattrick you must follow our rules of behaviour. Moreover, it is not permitted to post:
- Player advertising (buying or selling) or requests for valuations - use the transfer search to find what to buy. If you put a player up for sale others will find you via the search without the need for ads
- Friendly match requests - use the friendly pool
- Spam, e.g. multiple posting of the same message
- Bumping (posting merely to promote yourself or a certain thread)
- Provocations and trolling
- Excessive use of swearing or profane language
- Racist or personal attacks; attacks on a specific nation or religion
- Political and religious discussions
- Cheating accusations
- Requesting help with or promoting illegal software downloads or software CD-keys
- Pretending to be a HT official when you are not
- Talking about official decisions regarding specific users, or publishing correspondence with HT officials without permission.
- In (desolated) series forums, using it like a fed forum
Federations forums (a Supporter feature) are meant to be a more private part of Hattrick, where the fed members themselves can set up their own agenda and their own rules to some extent. But remember (and this is important), the general rules of behaviour apply in fed forums too.