Server move refers to moving part of the Hattrick servers to Switzerland, which happened on 2006-11-13. Hattrick was taken offline during the league matches for several countries, forcing users in those countries to wait for two days to see the results of their matches.
Here is a status log which was displayed along with Hammo during the time when Hattrick was inaccesible for more than 24 hours.
2006-11-13 02:00: Maintenance
Hattrick is literally on the road. We are moving part of our server installation to a second data center in order to improve our availability in the future. We expect to be back online Tuesday at 17.00. If everything goes smoothly, Hattrick may come online earlier than that. But as it is impossible to know exactly how much time something like this takes, there is also a risk that it will take more time than planned. We will keep you updated regularly. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- 2006-11-13 02:10: Start taking down the site
- 2006-11-13 02:25: Start removing servers from rack
- 2006-11-13 06:45: Everything packed
- 2006-11-13 07:00: On truck
- 2006-11-13 07:40: Arrived at airport
- 2006-11-13 09:00: Loading the airplane
- 2006-11-13 09:45: Airplane taking off
- 2006-11-13 11:15: Over Malmö (Malmoe), Sweden
- 2006-11-13 11:45: Over Hamburg, Germany
- 2006-11-13 12:45: Over Frankfurt, Germany
- 2006-11-13 13:25: Landed, Friedrichshafen, Germany
- 2006-11-13 13:30: Commenced unloading
- 2006-11-13 14:35: On the road again
- 2006-11-13 15:40: Arrived at border
- 2006-11-13 16:25: Customs and border cleared
- 2006-11-13 18:10: Arrived in Zurich. Unpacking.
- 2006-11-13 21:45: Installation on site progressing as planned
- 2006-11-14 07:45: Main servers up and running
- 2006-11-14 10:15: Web and database servers running. Still some network issues.
- 2006-11-14 12:30: Still troubleshooting network issues