There are certain guidelines for what a Certified Hattrick Program Provider (CHPP) approved application may do or not. It is e.g. not allowed to trace the team history of other teams than your own, but it is for example allowed to display current statistics on them.
These rules apply for all application types. Along with the CHPP rules, all approved applications/websites also have to comply with the general game rules. This also includes potential forums/message boards for the application and its users.
Logo & copyright
- Applications may use the CHPP logo on the application website and in the application, when the application has been approved by Hattrick, and thus has become CHPP.
- Applications must, in the http-request user-agent string, state which program and version is connecting to Hattrick. For instance: "Hattrix, v3.2.20"
- CHPP programs should provide copyright information in their applications, stating that "This application uses information from the online game service Hattrick.org. This use has been approved by the developers and copyright owners of Hattrick.org, Extralives AB".
- CHPP programs are allowed to charge their users for registration. However, all paying users should be informed that Hattrick and Extralives take no responsibility for these payments or for ongoing customer support for the application. In the future, we will also introduce a requirement for third-party developers to add one or several extra features that will only be available for Hattrick Supporters. To make this possible, we will add Supporter membership information in the interfaces available to third-party developers.
- At most one co-developer per application is allowed to apply for access to the CHPP conference.
It's strictly forbidden to store, in any format, the login names and security codes of users who are accessing Hattrick via the application. Manager assistants are allowed to store login names and security codes.
|CHPP-apps and the Security Code||06/02/2006|
|It is no longer possible to use CHPP applications that use the regular password to access Hattrick. All logins through a CHPP application must be done with your Security Code. If your favourite CHPP application doesn't handle Security Codes, make sure you upgrade to the latest version.|
|Improved CHPP security||23/09/2008|
|Today, we are changing how CHPP applications access data on Hattrick.org. The change means that every CHPP program will be authenticated before being allowed to access user data. Until now, this has not been possible for us to control. Making the change will both make things safer for users and increase the quality standards of third-party products developed for Hattrick.
This change mainly affects CHPP developers, who need to make a small update to their applications. Normally, no action should be required for end users. However, if the update has not yet been made, you may not be able to use the program as usual. If so, please have patience and check if any info has been available by the developer. Some "abandoned" applications may stop working completely. We are sorry if this happens, but hope you agree that programs that handle user data should be actively developed and cared for.
|Bye bye security code, Hello oAuth!||10/07/2011|
|As of July 11th, all the CHPP products that use the security code will stop working if they haven't yet made the switch to oAuth.
Many of you might have been surprised to have a product redirect you to Hattrick and ask you for your password instead of your security code. But it is a trustworthy authentication system, as long as you make sure you are on a Hattrick server. Remember that you should not be giving your password to anyone but Hattrick.
You can find out more information about oAuth and CHPP here.
Existing/future xml files are free to use once you're approved as a CHPP.
- xml files are the only files you may use for your application. You are not allowed to scan for information in any other way. Also note that if you provide other developers with Hattrick-related data, they too must be approved as CHPPs.
- Except for the XML files, it is not allowed for a CHPP program to download (or scan) any other part of Hattrick. Also, all downloads must be initiated by a user; only statistics scanners may act automatically. Some other types of CHPP programs may be exempted, this is determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Applications may not communicate with Hattrick in any other way, except for accessing the file described in 1. That means that every form of automated bidding, trainer changes, etc., is forbidden.
- Only XML files are allowed to be downloaded automatically. HTML files are not allowed to be scanned or downloaded.
- Only one login to Hattrick is allowed per application session. If you need to download more than one XML, you must do so one by one; simultaneous downloading is not allowed. Logout must be performed at the end of the session. The login to Hattrick should be done on the Hattrick server with the normal user password. The old security code is not more used for CHPP since July 2011
- The files are provided free and on an as-is basis. No guarantees can be given regarding uptimes, bug-free files, etc.
Manager assistant's applications have additional rules also, either because they contain elements typical of statistics scanners, or because their functionality depends on it; . Since we don't want manager applications simplifying everything too much, there are a few restrictions regarding functionality. A manager application may never become a so-called "spy application" that keeps track of opponents' teams and all their changes.
- Collecting match related information about any opponent's team, i.e. match reports, match ratings, stars and the league table. Some sort of analysis will be allowed as long as it's not too extreme. This will be measured from case to case (when you apply for functions). You may fetch this information "one season back" (16 weeks) and it may be stored in the application if needed.
- Statistics of end-user's (the one using the application) own team historically. Also single opponent's match details (reports, ratings, stars etc).
- Team logo types and press announcements for any Hattrick team, if the end-user has Hattrick supporter.
- If a user of a manager application agrees to store his/her login name and security code on the local computer, then he/she is allowed to do so.
- Not Allowed
- Tracking of opponent's players, i.e. changes in opponents' players' form, injuries, new players in team, sold players, etc. Basically no feature where the end-user starts his program and receives a summary of all recent changes in the opponent's team.
- Multiple statistics for several teams at the same time. That is only allowed for statistic applications (sites) and "cup manager" sites.
- Interaction with transfers. Copying/pasting functions (for transfer evaluations) to separate databases are still allowed.
- Automatic download, i.e. a download must be triggered by the user and not by a timer or similar.