Tienas la posibilidad de permitir que tu equipo juvenil juegue en una división juvenil, junto a tus amigos. Puedes crear esas ligas por ti mismo y la cantidad de equipos participantes puede ir desde 4 hasta 16. Las divisiones más grandes únicamente pueden ser creadas por los ‘Hattrick Supporters, pero todos los usuarios pueden unirse. Las divisiones pueden ser privadas, en cuyo caso solo podrían jugar en ellas equipos invitados. Igualmente puedes escoger el momento exacto en que los partidos de dicha liga se jugarán. Jugarás un partido cada semana y, cada tres semanas, tendrás la oportunidad de jugar un partido amistoso con otro equipo juvenil.
Solamente once semanas después de ser creado, tu equipo estará completo con tus propios jugadores. Hasta entonces tu equipo constará de jugadores del berrio. Estos jugadores no tienen aún capacidades considerables.
Cada semana tendrás la posibilidad tanto de permitir que tus ojeadores busquen talento para tu equipo juvenil, como promover un jugador de tu equipo juvenil a tu escuadra A. Además
Every week you will have the possibility either to let your scouts search for a talent for your youth team (new system), or to promote a player from your youth squad (old system) to your A team. Apart from that, you will be able to promote a player from your youth team (new system) to your A team, at least if he has been there long enough. Both systems can be managed parallel, but only one youth pull per week is possible. Which system you choose can differ from week to week, and will be determined by pulling a player in one of the systems. This also means that you’re not obliged to use one of the systems. The parallel system might disappear in the future.
The scouts will supply you with new players for your youth team. The maximum number of scouts is 3. When you ask for the scout reports, they present you their player one by one, and provide comments on each player. For each presented player you have the choice either to accept him or to send him away hoping that one of the next scouts presents you a better player. Be careful, once you’ve rejected a player, there’s no possibility to take him back.
If you choose to check the scout reports, you can’t do a youth pull in the old system that week, even if you reject all the presented players.
You’re not obliged to have 3 scouts. If you have less than 3 scouts your wage cost for your scouts will be lower, but the chance of finding real talent will also be reduced. The total cost for 3 scouts is similar to the cost of the old youth squad.
Differences with A Team
- The youth team is mostly independent from the A team: matters as team spirit and flag collections are independent, at least if they are implemented, which is not a certitude.
- It’s impossible to sell or buy players who are in the youth team. Also, the transfers between your youth squad and the A squad is one way traffic, i.e. you can’t place any players from your A team in your youth team. Furthermore, the youth team may only have 16 players, so make sure you have an open slot when calling an agent.
- The training type for your youth players is independent from the training type for your A squad.
- Only after a certain time you will have the chance to promote youth players to your A squad, because they must reach a minimum age of 17 and be in your youth squad for one season.
- Players in the youth team also have a cap for their qualities in a certain skill: at a certain moment the player won’t improve anymore, because he has learned everything there is to learn about that skill. Because you can’t see the skill of a youth player, you will have to watch his performances to determine whether you should stop training him on a skill or not.
- Similar to the older players, youth players will have a chance to get injured or get cards in matches.
Probably it’s best to wait until the player is fully-grown, then it’s possible that he’s even older than that. But such a player has advantages: he can be trained on more than one skill and he will be better than the average youth pull from the current youth squad. The philosophy that most players should be kept in the Youth Academy for the longest time to maxmimize their multi-skill potential is known as Zugism. Also, there have been rumours that players that are called early, decline two to three levels in ability. Supposedly the trainer will tell you when the player is ready to be promoted. On the long term, this means that there will be less youth players, but their average level will be better. Alternatively, some Youth Academy managers, following the philosophy of Xarnism, maintain that the maximum potential of Youth Academy training can be achieved by focusing on producing young 17 year old products with high primary skill, and one useful secondary.