A skill is a key aspect of Hattrick, determining how good a player is in a certain ability, and what wages you will have to pay the player every week. Player contribution to game is determined through his skills.
The Eight Skills
- Stamina: Decides how much of his ability to perform a player loses during the course of the match.
- Goalkeeper: The ball should not make it into your own net.
- Playmaking: The ability to control the ball and turn it into scoring opportunities.
- Passing: Players who know how to play the decisive pass are a great help for the team's attack.
- Wing: The ability to finish off scoring opportunities by advancing down the sides
- Defending: The ability to stop opponent attacks.
- Scoring: The ball is supposed to go into the net.
- Set pieces: The outcome of your free kicks and penalties depends on how skilled your set pieces taker is.
Primaries and Secondaries
Players may need different Skills depending on their position. There are primary, secondary and some are even talking of tertiary skills.
For example, a winger's main skill is wing; passing, playmaking and stamina are secondary skills. Defending would be considered a tertiary skill. (The Hattrick community often uses a-skill, b-skill and c-skill instead of primary, secondary and tertiary).
Levels and Sub Levels
Skill levels are shown as the terms ranging from non-existent to divine. In many situations it is convenient to use numerical skill values instead of terms. Skill levels on Hattrick are always rounded down. Sub Level related to the eight skills are never shown shown, but rounded down.
Skill dropAfter 21-06-2010 age became less important for skill drops - so age related skill drops will slow down. However, skill related skill drops for skills above titanic will speed up (the higher the skill the faster the drop).
Weekly skill drop formula for skills over titanic regardless the age is:
[(Skill - 14,85)^2]/1000
for the 28yo+ players an extra age drop will occur.