You know you can be banned for adding this like "Team X sucks!" on a page right? :P ZF-Nightwish 14:36, 5 August 2011 (UTC)
i didn't know! :))
sorry, didn't ment to do any harm. valderrman is my friend, and we know each other for a long time. i invited him and some other to join wiki hattrick, that note was just a little joke... he knows that.
and ... She keeps herself busy with flagchasing, posting messages (or spamming) on every forum in Dutch or English... little spam didn't kill no one! ;))
Yea yea, it's ok :) ZF-Nightwish 20:30, 5 August 2011 (UTC)
MNK Lisice players
Hi, I've noticed you have created many articles for your players with a format firstname lastname (teamname), for instance Vittorio Alaimo (MNK Lisice). However, the only accepted format on the hattrick wiki is teamname/firstname lastname, thus in this case MNK Lisice/Vittorio Alaimo. Please stop creating pages in the wrong format, I'll help cleaning up your wrong ones. Kind regards, --Pelotas (talk) 19:15, 9 November 2014 (CET)
STOP messing up my players and my TEAM page or I'll REPORT you. It's my TEAM page and I'll put it in whatever format I want!
Your format is very stupid!!! In normal pages, and in normal format, what ever you open - you see PLAYER name first. If you want to check player... So stop messing up!!!
- Hmm, I see your concern. In some way it does make sense to put the player name first, however I would like to point out that:
1) This is not MY format, this is the format of the wiki community. Basically all the players on this wiki are currently in this format, except yours...
2) You know that you can refer to any player by their name only right? Such as this: Vittorio Alaimo?
3) I'm trying to help, not ruin your pages. Note that redirects were automatically put in place when renaming, so all links still work.
4) You are being rude for no reason. Please calm down and discuss this like a normal person. Your threat to 'report me' is ridiculous and frankly a bit offensive. --Pelotas (talk) 19:46, 9 November 2014 (CET)
- I've been looking up the guidelines for you. Please read Hattrick:Notability and Hattrick:Player. Basically it comes down to the fact that any non-notable player should only be created as a subfolder, i.e. MNK Lisice/Vittorio Alaimo, or else they can be deleted. Notice also the following except from House Rules#Your Behaviour, which I mention with regards to your previous threat: It is strictly prohibited for you, as a Hattrick player, to engage in any of the activities described below. Sending threatening, insulting or derogatory messages, by HT-mail or other means, to other players or on Hattrick's forums. Anyone breaking these rules may be disqualified from Hattrick with immediate effect --Pelotas (talk) 19:55, 9 November 2014 (CET)
DUDE! You're not reading it correctly!!!
"To ensure this, this guideline regulates how different cases can and must be handled."
This are GUIDELINEs and not strict RULES! I have this discussion before, with some long-term user on wiki - Nightwish. When I didn't know that Non-notable players must have club names on their pages. So we discussed it, and I was "allowed" to do it in this way. So back off. So you create your pages as you wish, I'll create my pages in my SMART way...
- Again with the yelling... offensive +1. Anyway, it seems we're a bit in a deadlock here. You say: "To ensure this, this guideline regulates how different cases can and must be handled.", while I say "To ensure this, this guideline regulates how different cases can and must be handled." :) The same goes for your "experienced" user, have a look at this: [], where you can see my player page was moved by... Nightwish... and set to teamname/playername :s At that point I read the guidelines and followed them. Note also that one user does not have the power to decide what is right or wrong when there is a policy in place. This should be a global discussion and resolved through a Hattrick:Consensus.
Please note that I don't have a problem with your method per sé (except your communication, which is becoming irritating), but I do believe we need a policy and consistency. This might mean the policy is to allow several methods, but there must be a defined list of methods otherwise everyone will just do as they please and the whole wiki will just become a mess... which in the end probably means everything will get deleted :s --Pelotas (talk) 20:29, 9 November 2014 (CET)
Yeah, like you're gonna tell Juventus or Milan how are they gonna manage their wiki pages. pih!! "Your" way is stupid - when I click on my player (in that way), it doesn't take me to his page right away.
When I click on my player (in my way), it takes me to his page immediately. Just leave my players and my team alone, and we'll be just fine! Byyyyye.
- Then it seems you're just not familiar with the way links work, if you end up at the wrong page. However your team page seems well constructed and without too many redlinks. Anyway I want to clarify this matter so I've asked Nightwish to take a look too. I don't want to start an edit war so let's see what she says and then see if we need to change either the policy or all your player pages. I don't see anything wrong with your team page so no idea why you mention that. Regarding the Juventus or Milan remark it's quite easy, on wikipedia you ARE NOT ALLOWED to create articles of people if they are deemed non notable. The notability criteria are (quoted from ):
Association football (soccer) figures are presumed notable if they meet the following: Players who have played in, managers who have managed in, and referees who have officiated any FIFA sanctioned senior international match (including the Olympics) are notable. The notability of these is accepted as they would have received significant coverage as outlined above in the general notability criteria. Players who have played, and managers who have managed in a fully professional league, will generally be regarded as notable. See a list of fully professional leagues kept by WikiProject Football. Note: For the purposes of this guideline, a player has appeared in a match if he or she was in the starting line-up or came on as a substitute. Youth players are not notable unless they satisfy one of the statements above, or if they can be shown to meet the wider requirements of WP:GNG..
Basically this means that if a big team has a player that has never played any official match in his career but has been on the bench hundreds of times, the page will still be deleted. In short, the HT Wiki is allowing you to create player pages of every possible player there is, even non-notable players, as long as you follow the guidelines and put them in your subdirectory. I'm sorry about this, but these are the current rules. Either we change the rules, or we change your player pages... --Pelotas (talk) 21:29, 9 November 2014 (CET)
"Either we change the rules, or we change your player pages..."
It's not rules, it's GUIDELINEs! Byyyyyyyyye
- That is true, it's not rules but rather an official policy. Basically we need to use common sense, which is also why I haven't continued changing your pages. As I said, we can have multiple solutions. But right now it seems one single user has told me to put it as method A and told you it should be method B. Method A is the official policy, method B is... different. :) Anyway my statement remains: Either we change the official policy, or we change your player pages... ;) We cannot just have everyone doing what they want, it will become a mess. --Pelotas (talk) 21:58, 9 November 2014 (CET)
There's no mess here. Only you see mess. Maybe you're some kind of autist... Bye now.
- There's no mess here... NOW. Your pages are all perfectly in order, content wise. And your system indeed makes sense to the same extent that the official one does. But what if everyone starts creating their own system ??? By the way, maybe I am an autist, I'll have that checked for you, but now you have both threatened and insulted me. Just a reminder of the HT Rules (i.e. NOT guidelines): It is strictly prohibited for you, as a Hattrick player, to engage in any of the activities described below. Sending threatening, insulting or derogatory messages, by HT-mail or other means, to other players or on Hattrick's forums. and Anyone breaking these rules may be disqualified from Hattrick with immediate effect --Pelotas (talk) 22:43, 9 November 2014 (CET)
- Dear Bilke5, I'm disappointed by your last comment and I don't understand it. This policy will HELP you. Did you actually read it? If this is accepted, all articles will be named by the player name only. The team name will just disappear completely and thus everything we have discussed before will be irrelevant. There would be no more redirects! --Pelotas (talk) 09:49, 14 November 2014 (CET)