|Ground||El piso compartido|
|ArenaName||El piso compartido|
L'auberge espagnole is a hattrick club founded by Zabal on January 28, 2008.
The team, based at Luxembourg, won the Cup five times and was champion eight times.
L'auberge espagnole also finished first in D.II, in D.III and in D.IV.
The club has been playing in Nationaldivisioun for 30 seasons in a row, and its stadium is Piso compartido, where it's been playing since the beginning. It has a capacity of 90 000 seats, and it's always full as it can count on 3615 loyal supporters according to the numbers from September 2020.
Home shirt has the same colors as OM and away shirt has those of Bilbao because the president of the club is a huge fan of these two clubs.
It has its own hymn: "Don't let me be misunderstood", heard in Kill Bill.
- The club is currently playing in Nationaldivisioun, and finished 1st and reached the 1/4F in the Cup last season.
- The origins of the club's name are given below:
1) the movie "L'Auberge espagnole" (literally: "the Spanish inn"), about a French student from the Erasmus program (European students exchange program), who is studying for a year in Barcelona, where he encounters many students from the same program from all over Europe, and who are living in the same apartment.
2) a French expression which refers to a place or a heterogeneous situation including people with various identities and origins, who come under the same roof to create a happy mess where everything seems possible.
Over the years, many managers came by on the club's main page, posting a message in the guestbook, having a drink ^^ or challenging the team for a friendly game, hence creating links with people from all over the world.
- The club's logo has recently been modified, thanks to the Spanish manager kaiser1991 who completely redesigned it, adding his own artistic touch. The former logo of L'auberge espagnole has been the club's logo since the creation, and it was removed for a more modern picture on May 14th, 2017. The last logo is a mix of various inspirations and symbols.
We can see the Guggenheim museum as a background, which is the symbol of Bilbao (the city where the manager lived during his Erasmus program). Besides, we can see young people dancing on the beach, surrounded by music, alcohol and sun, linked to the Erasmus spirit, all of this over a Basque and Spanish flag.
- The stadium is based on the same theme, piso compartido meaning a flat-share, which is the spirit of any self-respecting Erasmus. Indeed, stadium is a place where people can meet, mix with each other, share good moments, with respect and cheerfulness.
- Players'shirts are branded with the two favourite clubs of the manager Zabal, Olympique of Marseille and Athletic Bilbao.
- Finally, the club's anthem is the song of Santa Esmeralda -Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood , which can be heard in the movie Kill Bill, and brings luck to players especially when they meet some difficulty during a game.
( in progress)
L'auberge espagnole is a hattrick club founded by Zabal. This historical moment happened on January 28th, 2008. Team is located in Lëtzebuerg, Luxembourg. Future stars come from L'auberge espagnole's youth club Los erasmuños.
- 1 Nationaldivisioun : Season 54 (75)
- 1 Nationaldivisioun : Season 51 (72)
- 1 Nationaldivisioun : Season 43 (64)
- 1 Nationaldivisioun : Season 40 (61)
- 1 Nationaldivisioun : Season 38 (59)
- 1 Nationaldivisioun : Season 36 (57)
- 1 Nationaldivisioun : Season 30 (51)
- 1 Nationaldivisioun : Season 32 (53)
- 1 II.3: Season 25 (46)
- 1 III.2: Season 21 (42)
- 1 IV.15: Season 15 (36)
- 2 Nationaldivisioun : Season 53 (74)
- 2 Nationaldivisioun : Season 50 (71)
- 2 Nationaldivisioun : Season 48 (69)
- 2 Nationaldivisioun : Season 47 (68)
- 2 Nationaldivisioun : Season 42 (63)
- 2 Nationaldivisioun : Season 41 (62)
- 2 Nationaldivisioun : Season 35 (56)
- 2 Nationaldivisioun : Season 31 (52)
- 2 Nationaldivisioun : Season 33 (54)
- 2 II.3: Season 24 (45)
- 2 II.3: Season 22 (43)
- 2 III.2: Season 19 (40)
- 2 III.2: Season 20 (41)
- 2 III.2: Season 17 (38)
- 2 III.2: Season 18 (39)
- 1 Cup : Season 43 (64)
- 1 Cup : Season 40 (61)
- 1 Cup : Season 34 (55)
- 1 Cup : Season 33 (54)
- 1 Cup : Season 30 (51)
- Season 30(51)
- Season 40(61)
- Season 43(64)
Some statistics about Matchs, Players (including friendlys matchs) and funny facts. (update august 2020)
|Most matchs played|
|Captain most often|
|Most time best player|
|Estêvão Rodrigues Soares||88|
|122 371||Cup (F)|
|Best att.: Friendlys Matchs|
|Officials Matchs with Penalty shoot-out|
In the course of year 2009, the club, which was in D.III (3rd Luxembourg series), decided to make an ambitious recruiting, finding that 3 special players, whose fates were to become international stars, and to be relied on by the club in order to access the top level.
So Johnny Couzinet, Charely Schweitzer, and Shadrack Mtangi joined consecutively L'Auberge espagnole, "Cuzi" (nickname of Johnny Couzinet) becoming the most expensive recruit of the club, bought in September 2009 for 4M€.
They were immediately given a Winger training, leading them to join, a few seasons later, the U-20 team for both the 3 of them, in Luxembourg for Schweitzer, France for Couzinet and Tanzania for Mtangi.
Couzinet made 3 Special Events during his first U-20 game, whereas Schweitzer became the U-20 team captain, and Mtangi overtook the number of 50 games played for U-20 team.
They were fast nicknamed The 3 Fantastics, multiplying goals, assists and SEs.
They were trained in Playmaking, Passing and even Defending for a few games, before turning to their favourite training, Winger. Besides, they won title after another title, with D.III title ((3rd Luxembourg series title), then D.II title ((2nd Luxembourg series title), and finally the supreme title, on April 28th, 2013, becoming Champions of Luxembourg, just after winning the Luxembourg Cup title during the same season, on March 20th.
Meanwhile, the 3 players were selected for their respective National Teams (NT), playing a total of 288 NT-games (if we add the games played by the 3 of them).
They managed to win several times the qualification for the World Cup, while playing in Championship for l'Auberge Espagnole, playing also Cup finals and Hattrick-Masters games.
In September 2014, the club's manager decided to start a new cycle and freed Couzinet and Mtangi, who carried out all their career in this club.
Schweitzer became later the Head Coach of the club's first team, being also the first coach with Excellent level to train in l'Auberge, thanks to his large experience (over 40).
It can also be noticed that Couzinet and Schweitzer faced once each other during a friendly game for the preparation of the World Cup here
Here is an instant picture of their skills at the end of their career, as both the 3 of them were playing for their respective National Teams.
More informations about Johnny Couzinet here.
More informations about Charely Schweitzer here.
More informations about Shadrack Mtangi here.
The piso compartido is the theater of home games of l'Auberge espagnole. Its name means literally, the flat-share, this stadium being a living place, shared by many fans and a nice reference to the name of the club.
The last modification of the stadium was made in April 2016 when its capacity was extended from 85,000 to 90,000 seats:
Basic seats: 21,330
Seats under roof: 12,690
Seats in VIP boxes: 2,070
The record crowds were beaten on April 2017 (season 64) for the league match: 90,000 spectators, being fully booked!
The club played (last update: August 2020), 573 games in this stadium, 303 if friendly games aren't considered.
Team's fan club is called Los Erasmus. Currently, there are 3571 members. The name of the fan club comes from all the friends the manager met during the year he lived as an Erasmus student in Spain.
|FightClub Football Club||6||3||16||48||67|
|Best HTstats||942 (488+454)|
Besides this game is a derby (Luxembourg region) and it often was a turning point for each season for the 2 teams.
24 oppositions in Championship and 1 opposition in Cup - semi-final in Global season 55 (Luxembourg season 34), won 1-0 by l'Auberge espagnole.
|Youth sales fee||YA Fees|
A lot of players came out of the Youth Academy, Los erasmuños, since the club created it in 2008: L'auberge espagnole got huge profits by selling young players.
Thomas Hornbergs is the biggest youth sale to date: 6 898 260€ paid by Pan de Molde F.C. in 2018.
Before that Lex Samaille was the biggest youth sale to date: 4 395 000€ paid by Fanja in 2018. Then he played for Luxembourg in U20.
Until today, 17 players from the Youth Academy played in U20 and 10 played in National Team.
The table below shows the club revenue and its profit until season 71 included.
NB: Fees: 1 season at 10K (=160 000€) and 36 seasons(71 included) at 20K=11 680 000.
=> 19 players sold at 1M or more. + 10 of them sold between 1 and 2M. + 5 of them sold between 2 and 3M. + 2 of them sold between 3 and 4M. + 1 of them sold between 4 and 5M. + 1 of them sold at 6M or more.
List of Youth players
|Stéphane Loiseau||27,59Y||23/09/2016||62||12 882 000€|
|Julio Argentino Alcaraz||29,32Y||21/05/2018||68||9 012 000€|
|Parviz Emamifar||28,95Y||29/05/2017||65||8 499 000€|
|Thomas Hornbergs||17,05Y||16/11/2018||70||6 898 260€|
|Alvise Surchi||22,58Y||09/11/2010||43||5 382 000€|
|Lex Samaille||17,04Y||20/04/2018||68||4 395 000€|
Club history table
A mettre à jour.
|Wolf Dietrich Backhaus||39||0||0||0|
|Charely Pussy Schweitzer||53||0||97||11|
|Estêvão Rodrigues Soares||26||0||0||0|
Hall of Fame
|First day with club||2009-03-24|
|Current occupation||Marketing Director|
|Was inducted in the Hall of Fame at age 40 in December 24, 2012.|
|First day with club||2010-06-25|
|Was inducted in the Hall of Fame at age 39 in May 22, 2013.|
|First day with club||2010-09-25|
|Was inducted in the Hall of Fame at age 44 in August 21, 2014.|
|First day with club||2008-08-08|
|Was inducted in the Hall of Fame at age 37 in December 20, 2011.|
137 managers are currently supporting L'auberge espagnole and Zabal is supporting 139 teams.
Datas about managers supporting team and supported teams are available on the Auberge espagnole Supporters page:
L'auberge espagnole has hosted teams from 128 of 129 countries.
L'auberge espagnole has visited 128 of 129 countries.