Contribution to attack ratings
The largest contributor to each wing attack rating is the wing skill of your wingers. For example here are the components of left wing attack in the order of their relative contribution as listed in the rules:
# Winger left winger # Winger left wing back # Scoring forwards # Passing left winger # Passing left inner midfielder # Winger forwards # Passing forwards
So wing skill on your winger, especially if played offensive, gives you more wing attack than the wing skill of your wingback.
Wing backs can be played as normal and can also be played as a defensive or offensive wingback or even towards middle.
| Normal wingback — rating contribution:
to side defence by 91,9% of his Defending to central defence by 45% of his Defending to midfield by 16,7% of his Playmaking to side attack by 50,6% of his Winger
Defensive wing back — rating contribution:
to side defence with 100% of his Defending to central defence with 47,9% of his Defending to midfield with 6,6% of his Playmaking to side attack with 32,3% of his Winger
Wingback towards middle — rating contribution:
to side defence by 68,7% of his Defending to central defence by 68,3% of his Defending to midfield by 16,7% of his Playmaking to side attack by 27,9% of his Winger
Offensive wing back — rating contribution:
to side defence by 69,8% of his Defending to central defence by 38,2% of his Defending to midfield by 23% of his Playmaking to side attack by 61,8% of his Winger
Wing skill on wing backs is helpful, but it can't be relied upon to deliver a wing attack on its own like the wing skill of a good winger can.
You can also get a larger boost to the wing attack by playing your wing back offensive, but this should only be used with caution as it is an extreme order that reduces the defensive qualities of the player for the gain of some more wing attack.
A "normal" wing back gives you the maximum skill contribution by the player without any penalty to the overall performance of the player, just like other "normal" postitions in your starting 11.
A ranking of specialities on Wingback:
- Powerful WB — is the key player to improve pressing tactic. He loses more stamina in the sun, but gains defending in the rain.
- Head WB — improves chance of scoring on a set pieces, but can have negative effect from Technical wingers and forwards.
- Unpredictable WB — can eliminate negative effects with high defending, but needs good passing to create chances.
- Quick WB — can stop quick event from wingers and forwards, but has big negative drawback in losing defending in rain and sun
- Technical WB — have no effects and may be useful only to playmaking (when playing offensive).